The Department of Mines and Geology was established with the objective of mapping geological and structural features based on which many mineral based industries have been established in the state. For accurate and efficient management of minerals, a real-time management solution is required.
1. Lease Information System – Complete database on the existing/granted leases with information on lessees/owners. The module maintains the database of relevant records submitted by the lessee, its status and intimates the lessees on document pending or expiry date.
2. Application processing with Digital Scrutiny – On-line submission of application for grant of lease and its processing digitally by the department officials. The module gives information on minerals, existing leases, notified/denotified area boundary and information on free area available for grant to the applicant.
3. GIS module – This module is an integration of all the data and information on leases, administrative boundaries, forest boundary, water body etc. It has the option to do query / search for a particular feature or information.
4. Admin module – This module has all the administrative details. Creation / deletion of users account, access rights to different modules for a user can be carried out using this module.
5. The application is integrated with the existing e-Permit system of DMG.
6. Provide a section-wise computerization of operations and processes.
Summary Of Work
1. The spatial database creation is completed.
2. Incorporation of database with Web GIS application is completed.
3. The web application facilitates for online submission of applications for fresh/renewal of mining leases by an applicant.
4. The database of leases and other layers and the web application are hosted on the servers at the State Data Centre which can be accessed through the URL: www.dmg-karnataka.org.